While transferring a site from one account to another is not built into the platform, the support team at Duda can transfer sites by special request. Before a site can be transferred there are several required steps.
- Cancel any subscriptions associated with the site. Here is an article discussing canceling subscriptions.
- NOTE: You will not be able to cancel a subscription for a Site-For-Life site, and thus Site-For-Life sites cannot be transfered between accounts.
- Un-publish the site. Here are directions for un-publishing a site in DudaOne and DudaMobile.
- Send an email to Support@Dudamobile.com. This email should be sent from the email address associated with your account, and needs to contain the following information:
- Title the email "site transfer request"
- The site you want transfered. The best way to identify the site is by going into the editor and copy'ing the editor URL. Example: https://my.dudamobile.com/home/site/b16d9b55
- The email address associated with the account you want the site transfered too. NOTE: You will need to make sure that this account is created before contacting us for a transfer. Duda will not create the account for you.
- Once a site has been moved to the new account, the site will need to be paid for and republished to take the site live again. Expect there to be some downtime while a site is being transfered.
- The process of moving a site from one account to another is not built into the Duda platform, and is not guaranteed for any user. Requests for transfer will be denied if made in excess or if insufficient information is provided.
- Security Issue: If we receive multiple requests to move a specific site from an email not associated with the account, we may flag the site as "non-transferable" for security reasons.
- Site-For-Life sites cannot be transfered.
- Once a site is moved to a new account, the site will not be moved back without permission from the new owner. Feel free to make a duplicate before moving the site.
Transferring site subscriptions
It is not currently possible to transfer site subscriptions.
If you are using a DudaOne responsive website though and you want to transfer subscriptions between 2 DudaOne websites, you can use this workaround to do this.