Home screen icons, favicons, and startup images add a polished look to your website.
1. Click Settings on the left menu and then click the Site Icons tab.
2. Click General to see the icon options.
3. Click Add Image to upload your desired icon. Be sure to see the icon guidelines below for image dimension requirements.
This is the icon that appears at the top of the web browser next to the page title.
Duda will automatically convert any image you upload into the appropriate format.
Home Screen Icon
This is the icon that appears when a site is bookmarked to the home screen of an iPhone or iPad.
Home Screen images must by 57x57 pixels and in .PNG format.
Create a splash screen for users who have bookmarked your website on an iPhone 5 or 5s. When the website is opened from a home-screen bookmark, the startup image will fade in and out before the full website is loaded.
Image must be 640x1096 pixels.
Common issues with favicons
My favicon isn't saving
If your favicon isn't saving, it's most likely because;
- You're not uploading the right size favicon
- You're not uploading the right format favicon
- Your browser is showing a cached version of your site.
If you're seeing this issue, try opening a new incognito (private) browser to view your live site or try clearing your cache.
How do I upload a transparent favicon?
To upload a transparent favicon, you must use some sort of photo editor / favicon generator to create a transparent background for your favicon, then save it as a "PNG" file
My favicon isn't showing up as transparent
The issue here is with your favicon. Please try saving it in different formats that support transparent backgrounds.